Öppna högskolan på Åland - Kursbeskrivning
Företagsekonomi - Ht22 Sustainable Development and Climate Change
MSc Scott Erica /
Kursen följer fordringarna vid Högskolan på Åland.
The course is held online during the weeks 43-51.
07.06.2022 kl. 09:00
– Understand and explain United Nations sustainable development goals and Agenda 2030
– Understand and explain how the ecological, economical and social dimensions are interrelated in creating sustainability
– Understand and explain the causes/reasons of climate change
– Understand and explain how climate change will affect market and economy
– Get familiar with tools used for achieving a change towards a low carbon society
– Understand and analyze how climate change challenges the different fields of work and life
– Apply and analyze different aspects of sustainable living in everyday life
– To understand the basic scientific definition of sustainable development,
the Framework for Sustainable Development, and the necessity for it’s integration into real life.
In this module the student will learn the basics of a science and principles based definition of Sustainable Development, also known as the Framework for Sustainable Development
After the course student will also understand the causes/reasons of climate change as well as, by using back-casting as a concept and using systems based tool to design the needed societal transformation to a carbon neutral society and a sustainable future.
In this course students will also reflect what are the key elements of sustainable well-being. Can sustainability and life satisfaction be achieved together?
Lectures, individual assignments, group work.
Exam, approved assignments.
Course material will be available in Classroom. You will need an gmail-adress to get access to Classroom.
All course material will be in English. All teaching will be held in English.
This course will be piloted as a part of SuFi-project with international cooperation together with partners from Åland, Finland, Estonia and Lithuania, www.sufi.fi. The project is funded by EU Interreg Central Baltic funds.
Utskriven 27 juni 2022 kl 03:12